11 October 2022
What personal information is collected by Savaria?
“Personal information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable person. The personal information that Savaria may collect from you will depend on the type of interaction you have with us. Savaria can capture the following for example:
- Business contact information, including the name of your company, your title and your position, your work e-mail address, street and / or PO Box address, your business phone number, and any other contact information
- Profile picture
- Social Media Account ID or user ID, device ID or position encoded data
- Special data, how they interact with you or your company with products and services of Savaria, including your personal product preferences
If you are a retail customer, Savaria can record your name and personal contact information, such as your address, e-mail address or telephone number. If you are a private or business tenant, employee or contractor of a tenant or guest in a building in which a Savaria product is installed or a Savaria service contract exists or Savaria services are performed, Savaria may collect personal information about you by an associate in the building (such as the owner, service provider or building security company). Savaria can also detect geographic location data and other security authentication data from your personal computer or mobile device, giving access to a facility or Savaria systems that are installed in a building.
How does Savaria use the personal information collected?
Personal information collected will be used to:
- Provide customised services and content that are relevant to your specific needs and interests.
- Fulfil contractual obligations, to activate built-in features of our product service offerings.
- Provide notice, such as to request for building access for special product or service activity.
- Verify your identity to ensure the safety of any of the other purposes described herein, or to give you access to a website, application, or social media page.
- Develop new services to improve the quality of our products or improve the user experience. To provide a personalised user experience and to better prepare future content based on user interests and those of other users.
- Communicate with you regarding new and modified products and services offered by Savaria.
- Enable you to apply for employment opportunities and / or evaluate your interest in employment with Savaria.
- Answer any legitimate legal request of law enforcement or other government regulatory agencies and comply with any other legal requirements in any terms.
- Investigate a suspected or proven illegal activity and contrast.
- Avoid injury, or financial loss.
- Provide any necessary information regarding a business change that might affect the person, the product or the service provided by Savaria.
- Conduct investigations to ensure that legal requirements are complied with.
Savaria may use your personal information for legitimate business interests to fulfil a legal obligation or our contractual obligations.
How does Savaria use your personal information to contact you?
In addition to us contacting you about your product, Savaria can also use the collected data to communicate with you about new and/or modified products and services offered by Savaria or to provide you with other offers. Savaria ensures that all marketing communications will provide an effortless way to opt out.
Does Savaria forward the collected data to third parties?
Savaria will not sell your personal data nor in any other way share it with any third parties outside the Savaria Group except:
- To service providers who provide services for Savaria or on our behalf or on behalf of our service customers. Savaria will disclose your personal information only to those third parties that are contractually bound by Savaria, not to use the data or to pass, unless and to the extent necessary for the performance of services by third parties on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. These third parties may include cloud service providers, system providers, software providers and other service providers.
- To meet legal obligations, including but not limited to in response to a legitimate legal request of law enforcement or other government regulators.
- To investigate a suspected or proven illegal activity.
- To avoid injury, or financial loss.
- To provide any necessary information regarding change in the business or any part of our business.
In respect of customers who interact with Savaria on social media sites, Savaria may extend the above in connection with your social sharing activity in which the subject of this activity is Savaria. In addition, the content on information boards, chat rooms, profile pages, blogs, and other services where you can post or announce information, all such information that you disclose through such services or disclose publicly and to the general public are also included in the above.
Does Savaria forward personal data to other countries?
Since Savaria is a global company with operations in different countries, we can transfer your data from one entity to another or from one country to another to achieve the purposes listed above. We will forward your personal information in accordance with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent needed.
Does Savaria use Analytics?
What you need to know about the links of third parties that may appear on this site?
In some instances, Savaria may provide links to websites that are not controlled by Savaria. Savaria tries to identify it as such. However, Savaria does not control such websites and cannot be held responsible for the content or application of privacy practices from other websites’ content.
How long does Savaria keep personal data?
Savaria will retain personal information only as long as they are needed to meet contractual and legal obligations. If personal data is not subject to contractual or legal obligations, Savaria will keep it as long as it is necessary for the original purpose for which it was collected. Personal data collected online from a user who has not accessed a website, application, or social media for Savaria will be deleted within a reasonable time from our files, if applicable law does not prohibit it, or if the personal data is not needed to fulfil our contractual or legal duties.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
Individuals can always ask to review the data they have submitted Savaria, to update, correct, modify, or delete. Savaria will provide a rapid response and endeavour to meet such requests, unless this not a possibility by law or according to the contract or restrictions made by competing privacy interests. Savaria tries to update data in time and will remove your personal information from the Savaria files, if necessary, in accordance with legal requirements. Savaria is taking steps to protect the privacy and security of the user verifying the identity of the user before the requested change is made. To access or change your personal information, report a problem with the website, or if you have any questions or concerns, please email Savaria at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some media accounts of our websites, apps and social enable you to make corrections directly on the website without having to deal with this via Savaria.
In certain countries, such as those in the European Union, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority of your state or country.
Please remember that while we help you to protect your personal data, it is up to you to protect your passwords and other login information from others.
INFORMATION FOR CERTAIN GROUPS OR PEOPLE
For parents and legal guardians
Although the Savaria website is not directed at children, Savaria takes the responsibility to comply with all applicable laws and requirements, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act in the United States (law to protect the online privacy of children) and the Data Protection Regulation in the European Union. Savaria does not knowingly collect information from children under thirteen. If Savaria learns that personal information from a child under thirteen has been provided, this data is deleted from the Savaria systems.
How could Savaria change this policy?
As part of the expansion and improvement of this site, it may be necessary to update these guidelines. This policy may be amended from time to time without prior notice. Therefore, we recommend that you review these guidelines periodically for changes.
How can you contact Savaria?
If you have questions about Savaria privacy practices, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. The responsible person for the law regarding protection of personal information is Laureen Cushing, Human Resources – Global Vice President.